What Does UFPE Have to Offer?
From time to time, your firm or business may have a need for life safety and fire protection system design or consulting services. It makes sense to engage a firm that specializes exclusively in fire protection engineering. UFPE integrates with your design team to ensure that the desired life safety and fire protection objectives are identified and satisfied.
Many federal agencies (GSA, Army Corps of Engineers and Air National Guard to name a few) require a qualified, licensed fire protection engineer to be involved on major construction and renovation projects. UFPE is fully qualified to meet the requirements of these agencies. This enables your firm or business to participate in these projects without incurring the burden of a full time fire protection staff position.
UFPE endeavors to maximize the impact of life safety and fire protection design and consulting without siphoning billable work from your design staff. We sell you only what you need. Many times, UFPE involvement on a project is limited to up-front scoping and development of fire protection concepts and design criteria for execution by your staff. Of course, full system design and construction phase* services are also available.
UFPE specialized services include:
- Water-based fire suppression system design (fire sprinklers, fire pumps, standpipes, AFFF and High Expansion Foam systems)
- Special agent fire suppression systems
- Water supply measurement and evaluation
- Smoke management systems
- Life safety and egress
- Fire alarm and detection
- Mass notification systems
- Building and fire code consulting
- Performance-based code equivalencies
- Analysis/troubleshooting of fire protection systems
- System failure analysis
- Expert witness/subrogation
- Presentations at engineering, construction industry and code enforcement conferences
- Third party review of fire protection system designs
- Commissioning of fire protection systems
- Fire department operations and preplanning consulting
*UFPE does not sell equipment or install systems. However, UFPE can suggest qualified, competent system installers for your consideration.